|” … but his face fell … and he went away sad … ” MARK 10, 17-30|
Saturday Vigil/Sunday Liturgy
Ordinary Sunday 28/Pentecost XX
October 10, 2021
* The Book of Wisdom 7, 7-11 – the quality of being wise
* Psalm 89 – asking God for the gift of wisdom
* St Paul’s Letter/Hebrews 4, 12-13 – The Word of God, the Source of Wisdom
* The Holy Gospel of Mark 10, 17-30 – rejecting the Gift of Wisdom
Good Morning Cherubs, Friends, Companions, Custodian/Guardians of Wells of Hope …
How are you ? Looking forward to a Happy Saturday ?
• REFLECTION …
… I’m looking forward to Monday – so called ‘Freedom Day’ : free from Restrictions/Claustrophobic at-home rules – a sense of shaking off that which just feels so ‘binding’ and
In this Sunday’s Reading/Good News (from Mark’s Gospel) Jesus is approached by a young man – a good man – who has everything, but he wants more
When Jesus tells him how to have more, the price is more than he can pay : letting go … and letting God
Letting go of things that ‘possess’ us ; letting go of those ‘obstacles’ which hinder our relationships with others ; letting go of ‘fear’ of ‘giving up’
If we are finding being a disciple of Jesus hard, we should not be surprised – it is VERY hard !
To follow Jesus’ ‘way’, we too must give of our all – and perhaps especially – what we prize most
They ‘good news’ is :
by giving up (even our very lives) we receive eternal life – available now, in this life (John 5, 24)
* What are the ‘stumbling blocks’ in our own lives of which we need to ‘let go’ ?
* What ‘one thing’ do you lack to follow Jesus more completely ?
* What possessions (relationships, things) possess you and keep your heart divided ?
* Is there anything that you ‘cling to’ which may take you away from the Love and Grace of God ?
Have a chat to the Lord …
* Living Liturgy
* Break Open The Word
* St Pauls Sunday Missal
* Inclusive Language Readings
• REMEMBERING …
… those whose Anniversaries occur at this time
… those who have fallen asleep in the Lord
– Bazyl Tichonczuk R.I.P., Late of Kanwal Aged Care; Stella and Family
– all folk who have lost their lives to COVID-19; R.I.P.
… those in need of healing prayer
– Archbishop Leonie Newman, undergoing chemotherapy; Some good news (PTL) : cancer may not be present in the throat as thought but confined to an skin melanoma; Leonie has shaved her hair; prayers ascending at this critical time of treatment …
… those celebrating a life milestone
– our June, Randwick Well; 80 years young
– C/G Father Joseph Randolph, St Clare’s Hermitage, Armidale; generous benefactor and faithful disciple
– Michael, Daceyville
… those giving thanks for a Blessing received
… any Special Intention
– sadly, ‘Annie’, June’s beautiful King Charles Spaniel, of 12 years, lost her battle with cancer, the Vet being called to ‘put her to sleep’; we commiserate with June and Brian on the Loss of a precious four-legged ‘family member’
– medical and nursing personnel who work in ICU, looking after COVID Patients
• RESUMPTION OF HOME GATHERINGS …
… hallelujah : restrictions on the number of folk allowed to visit homes will be lifted on Monday, 11/10, the proviso being that all must be DOUBLE VAXED
… once again, we will be meeting up here at Monterey Well, Sunday week , October 17, 10.30 am ; a celebratory lunch will take place at a local Club !
… St Basil’s Grove, Randwick, MAY soon be re-opening to Visitors also; I need to check with Deacon Robin and will let you know if we will resume our Liturgy/Lunch Gatherings there in November ; watch this space !
GENTLE REMINDER …
… Continue to stay safe – regardless of the easing of Restrictions :
* wash /sanitise hands
* wear a mask
* keep your distance
S/G CoHCS/MONTEREY WELL
Image Attribution Catechist’s Aide. 2021. Reflection for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time Mark 10:17-30 – Catechist’s Aide. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.catechistaide.com/2018/10/11/reflection-for-the-28th-sunday-in-ordinary-time-mark-1017-30/. [Accessed 09 October 2021].